Do you know the true importance of a quality certificate?
These days, the working dynamics of a workshop are very different from what it used to be a few decades ago.
Cars are increasingly sophisticated and the technologies used require mechanics to be constantly updating their skills and competencies.
The truth is that the stereotype of disorganized and dirty workshop does not meet with the current reality and with the modernization of automobiles, methods and work tools, as well as the demands of the new profiles of consumers, the sector was forced to reinvent itself.
A quality certificate will bring you many benefits and allow your company to grow. Curious? Keep reading.
What is a quality certification?
The ISO 9001(International Organization for Standardization)standard specifies requirements for a quality management system.
We can describe it as a management system that aims to ensure the optimization and consistency of processes, greater agility in product development and consequent satisfied customers and sustained growth.
These certifications help to build the foundations for a paradigm shift of any business. A Quality Certification sends a message of trust to its potential customers and is undoubtedly an added value in an increasingly competitive market.
The 8 principles of quality management are:
- Customer focus.
- People’s involvement.
- Process approach.
- Approach of the system for management.
- Continuous improvement.
- Data-based approach to decision-making.
- Mutually profitable supply relationships.
Why is it important to purchase a quality certificate for your workshop?
Quality certification is actually a strategic development option, with two primary objectives: attracting more customers and helping with today’s customer loyalty – while improving its services and helping to stand out from the competition.
Here are the main advantages of purchasing a quality certificate:
- Improvement of the overall performance of the workshop (the functions are defined; the necessary training is given to employees and the work processes are optimized);
- Continuous improvement of the company’s culture, in order to make it more efficient.
- Definition of objectives and key performance indicators.
- Cost reduction – consequence of better operation of the company / workshop.
- Adequacy to internationally recognized standards and working techniques.
- Improvement of administrative and financial management;
- Improving communication, well-being and happiness of employees;
- Compliance with legal requirements.
- Demonstration of commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Image improvement and prestige of the company, which contributes to the attraction of potential customers and loyalty of current ones;
- Increased customer satisfaction and decreased complaints;
- Increased market opportunities.
- Increased competitiveness.
What other certificates can you purchase for your workshop?
In addition to the ISO 9001 standard, there are other very important certifications that you should purchase for your workshop. Among them are:
1. Self Certified Mechanic
In order to obtain a qualified mechanic’s certificate, the applicant needs to take professional performance assessment tests to prove his competence in the activity he/she carries out, in accordance with the European STANDARDS EN ISO and competency standards drawn up by the EBI.
2. ECO-CERTIFICATION ISO 14001
The ISO 14001:2015 – Environmental Management Systems (EMS) certification allows you to demonstrate your commitment to the planet, strengthening your institutional image and following the constant evolution of the market.
3. Sector Certification Workshops EBI 461/MV-BER
The EBI/ET 461MV-BER certification for auto workshops enables your workshop to perform scheduled maintenance operations on vehicles within the manufacturer’s warranty period and in accordance with the official brand plan. It offers a set of information, training and legal support that defends you and your client.
There are also other specific licenses you can get. Check with the relevant authorities.
To obtain a quality certificate for your workshop, you must comply with several standards that concern various aspects such as administration, safety, environment and working conditions.
In certain cases, many adjustments are required to adapt the operation of the organization to the requirements of the ISO 9001 certification. And that is why it is essential to develop an effective implementation plan appropriate to the needs of your workshop.
Consider asking for help from a consultancy that will help you identify the main problems of your workshop and thus develop the best actions to correct and optimize the process.